The Dr. TaJuan R. Wilson Scholarship Foundation is dedicated to assisting young people with their quest for higher education. We are a private, donor driven fund and we dispense awards of $500 each to deserving high school seniors from Ouachita County (AR) that plan to attend accredited colleges and universities OR be an incoming freshman at Ouachita Baptist University.
We realize that the ever changing dynamics in today's society makes it increasingly more important for our young people to develop a strong sense of both their responsibility and their place in our nation and the world. We look particularly for those community minded young people who display this understanding. Our goal is to help address the students’ need to fill the financial gap experienced in pursuing higher education. As higher education costs increase, the ability to meet these costs dwindles. Our endeavor is to lend a hand in the fight. Our objective is to continue increasing the total cash awards as well as the number of scholarships. We will continue to solicit assistance from corporations, friends and supporters who share our vision for tomorrow's leaders. We will pursue our work until the foundation becomes self-sustaining.
To apply for the Dr. TaJuan Wilson Scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Be in your senior year at Ouachita County, Arkansas high school OR be an incoming freshman at Ouachita Baptist University.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent nor grandparent has earned a 4-year degree).
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident.
- Attend or plan to attend an accredited two-year or four-year college in the United States.
- Be committed to using education to better your life and the life of your family and/or community.
If you meet all of the above requirements we invite you to apply no later than April 15.